Our Catholic and Christian Difference
St. Joan of Arc School Mission Statement
As a Catholic community rooted in the teachings of Jesus Christ, St. Joan of Arc School proclaims its mission to lead students in knowing God and the Gospel, through prayer, worship, study and service. As a professional learning community, we promote the highest academic standards of achievement, according to each student’s unique abilities and needs.
St. Joan of Arc School Vision Statement
St. Joan of Arc School is a God-centered school in the Roman Catholic tradition. As a part of St. Joan of Arc Parish, the school helps to carry out the educational mission of the parish to nurture its parishioners’ knowledge, understanding and practice of their Catholic faith.
Focused on Jesus Christ and the Gospel message, St. Joan of Arc School commits to the following:
• To uphold a vision of Catholic moral and social teaching, centered on prayer,
worship and the Gospels, through which students learn to bring Catholic
teachings and values into their lives and the world in which they live.
• To promote the dignity of life, recognizing that each person has a divine
origin and an eternal destiny.
• To support our Catholic families in providing a model of home life that
includes praying and attending Sunday Mass together, as well as
participating in the sacramental life of the Church.
• To welcome parents to actively participate in the education of their children,
especially in their religious education, and to participate in the vibrant life
of the school community through volunteer service.
• To grow as a community that teaches and fosters tolerance, respect and
concern for others.
• To provide a caring and supportive environment in which every member of the
school community is valued and encouraged to grow in Christ, developing to
his/her full potential.
• To maintain the highest academic standards, according to the individual
ability of each student.
• To equip students with the skills, knowledge and Christian vision necessary
to become responsible adult citizens who have a living, growing faith and a
clear understanding of their responsibilities as Christians.
• To provide students with a challenging curriculum and the educational skills
needed for success in an ever-changing world.
• To grow in understanding of the particular needs of each individual and
nurture that student toward success through strategies and accommodations
that facilitate learning.
• To nurture in students a love of learning and the desire to be lifelong