SJA Spring Athletic Registration Results:
SJA has registered the below teams based on Tues. Jan. 14th Registration deadline numbers with CYO:
JV GIrls Softball -- Two teams --- FULL-_Grade 4 & 5
Varsity Softball -- Two teams -- Four spots available! Grade 6, 7 & 8
JV Baseball -- Two teams -- Full --- Grade 4,5 & 6
Varsity Baseball -- One team -- FULL--- Grade 7 & 8
SJA Track -- One team -- Grade 4,5,6,7&8 -- Still taking registrations!
* If still interested for team/level where it lists spots available contact Mr. Don Pomaville SJA A.D. 586-775-7490 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register!
SJA will register with CYO the following Spring teams based on the following Spring registration Number criteria as of (Midnight Jan. 14th):
SJA Gr. 4-8 Boys & Girls Track Team (No minimum or maximum number)
SJA Gr. 4, 5 or 6 JV Baseball -- 10-23 registered (one team of 14 players)
SJA Gr. 4, 5 or 6 JV Baseball -- 24-30 registered (Two teams of 12-15 players)
SJA Gr. 4, 5 or 6 JV Softball -- 10-23 registered (one team of 14 players)
SJA Gr. 4, 5, or 6 JV Softball-- 24-30 registered (Two teams of 12-15 players)
SJA Gr. 7 & 8 Varsity Baseball -- 10-23 registered (one team of 14 players)
SJA Gr. 7 & 8 Varsity Baseball - 24-30 registered (Two teams of 12-15 players)
SJA Gr. 7 & 8 Varsity Softball -- 10-23 Registered (One team of 14 players)
SJA Gr. 7 & 8 Varsity Softball -- 24-30 Registered (Two teams of 12-15 players)
1) If less then 10 players register for any level baseball or softball team then SJA will not register a team with CYO and full refund will be issued.
2) If 23 or less athletes register but more then 14 then cuts may be necessary.
3) If 24 or more athletes register per level then we will register 2nd team with CYO and A.D., Asst. A.D. and coaches will determine placement criteria.
4) If more then 30 register for any level then cuts may be necessary.
* Coaching staffs will be decided by A.D. Following registration process & program needs.
* Tryout, placement or practice information will be available and emailed, mailed or distributed by no later then March 10, 2014.
* Tryouts, placements or practices will take place March 18th-21st
* Teams will practice three times weekly, play 8-12 game schedule from April 5th thru May 18th. If Varsity makes CYO playoffs they play into early June.
* SJA Athletics are off Holy Thurs, Good Friday, Holy Saturday & Easter Sunday. Practices resume following Easter & Games resume weekend after Easter. Family Easter Vacation planned ? Please let coach know immediately following team placement.
*CYO Athletes can play summer baseball or softball and play CYO SJA school/parish ball as well but SJA Athletics (A.D. Don Pomaville) asks all athletes/parents to make SJA a priority when practice conflicts arise or game vs. game conflicts arise. We do however allow athletes to go to summer ball (Same sport) games when there are SJA practice conflicts by notifying our coaches.
Don't Forget SJAAC Texas Hold'em this Saturday January 11, 2014 !!!!
2013-14 Winter Sports head coaching staff & coordinators:
Girls Basketball Coordinator—Walt Martin email@example.com or 586-313-378-0557
Boys Basketball Coordinator- Sal Causley firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-719-7547
Grade 3 & 4 Instructional Girls B-Ball –Contact A.D.(586) 775-7490
Grade 3 & 4 Instructional Boys B-Ball –Contact A.D. (586) 775-7490
Grade 4-8 Coed Bowling – Michael Maes – 248-506-6237 or email@example.com
Gr. 4-6 JV Cheerleading – Kristina Dinverno (313-999-1617 or Kristina.firstname.lastname@example.org
JV#1 Boys Basketball – Brad Michaels
JV#2 Boys Basketball – Charles Kaiser
JV#3 Boys Basketball – Roderick Anderson
Varsity#2 Boys Basketball – Marc Michaels
Varsity#1 Boys Basketball – Sal Causley
JV#1 Girls Basketball – Michelle Davis
JV#2 Girls Basketball – Tom Mazur
Varsity#2 Girls Basketball -- Mike Murphy
Varsity#1 Girls Basketball – Walt Martin
Athletic Board President – Jon Ramlow
Board Volunteer Coordinator – George Wietecha
Board Treasurer – Tracey Fennell email@example.com or 586-774-9125
Athletic Director – Don Pomaville 586-775-7490 & firstname.lastname@example.org
Asst. Athletic Director—Charles Kaiser – 313-727-7714 & Charles.Kasier@yahoo.com
CONGRATULATIONS SJA Varsity#1 Boys Baseball Team on winning the 2013 CYO Baseball Championship on Sunday June 9, 2013 at Bishop Foley High School. Coach Charles Kaiser and the SJA Varsity Boys were Back - to- Back Baseball Champions after defeating St. Michael from Livonia to capture the championship. SJA also won the 2012 Baseball Championship under Coach Kaiser's leadership. The 2013 Baseball Championship is SJA's 16th CYO Championship in nearly 60 years of CYO Competition.
CONGRATULATIONS SJA Varsity#1 Boys Basketball Team on a great season:
2013 Division Champs, Regional Champs, Eastside Champions & CYO Runner-up.
District Game SJA 42-41 vs. Marist
Regional Semi SJA 38-28 vs. St. Clare
Regional Final SJA 51-46 vs. St. Lawrence
Eastside Final SJA 38-28 vs. Shrine Catholic
CYO Final Our Lady of Victory 38-33 vs. SJA
SJA ATHLETIC CLUB MAKES HISTORY!
The St. Joan of Arc Athletic Club made history this past weekend Sept. 14th-16th by bringing light towers for the First Night Time Soccer & Football games in SJA history!! The entire weekend was a great success and the athletes, families, coaches, staff & alumni all had a great time and enjoyed this spectacular event.
Thank you to Marchiori Catering, Jim Nelson (Special Edition T-shirts made on Site) & especially Jon Novak who brought 8 light towers into Charger Field at no cost to the SJA Athletic Club or Parish. All had a great time of fellowship, community & sport!! Thanks to the SJA Coaches & Board members for all your hard work & especially Msgr. Bugarin & our St. Joan Street/Overlake Street Neighbors and friends who had put up with loud crowds and PA announcements & bright lights for two nights. THANKS TO ALL!!!
Any questions or concerns can be answered by our Asst. A.D. Charles Kaiser 313-727-7714 or A.D. Don Pomaville 586-549-1941
Don Pomaville (Bio)
Athletic DirectorE-mail: email@example.com
22415 Overlake Street
St. Claior Shores, MI 48080