2016-17 SJA Athletic Program Information & FALL Update
*ALL SJA ATHLETES MUST HAVE 1) PHYSICAL FORM, 2) UPDATED CONCUSSION AWARENESS FORM & 3) CYO PLAYER CONTRACT (FOOTBALL ONLY) BY FIRST TRYOUT/PLACEMENT PRACTICE! Mr. Pomaville/Mr. Kaiser will be in GYM entrance LOBBY Aug. 8th (football) & Aug. 10th & 11th (Volleyball/Soccer) near front gym steps to collect one hour prior to first scheduled practice sessions. No Forms No placement tryout. See attached Forms. If preferred Mail to: SJA Athletic Club Attn: Don Pomaville, 22412 Overlake, SCS 48080 or drop off at Parish Center otherwise due prior to first practice session three days prior to first practice session. WELLNESS VISITS & All physicals MUST TAKE PLACE PRIOR TO FIRST PRACTICE SESSION & BE DATED ON or AFTER Apr. 15, 2016 NO EXCEPTIONS!
- No Soccer camps, Volleyball camps or basketball camps this summer (2016) due to the change in MHSAA thus CYO camp rules for this year. Basically there are NO camps allowed except for Late JUNE & all of July (NO Aug. camps allowed) – We hope to restart all Summer camps for Late June & July 2017 with date announcements by Nov. 1st. 2016 Football camp goes on as scheduled since it was scheduled and advertised for July 26-28th.
SJA FALL SPORTS
JV Sideline Cheer- Canceled lack of interest!
JV Girls Soccer (Gr. 4, 5 & 6)
– Head Coach Tom Mazur- Asst. Coaches TBD
Varsity Girls Soccer (Gr. 6, 7&8)
– Head Coach Tom Mazur
* JV & Varsity Girls Soccer placement/Practice takes place & Begins Wed. Aug. 10th, 11th & 12th 7:15-8:45 p.m. @ SJA Charger Field.
SJA Girls soccer online registration is currently still open for both JV & Varsity girls interested. Stjoan.net (athletics)
BOYS SOCCER –
JV Boys Soccer (Gr. 4,5&6)
Head Coach Dan McGuire with two Asst. coaches.
Varsity Boys Soccer (Gr. 7&8)
CANCELED LACK OF INTEREST!! ONLY 3 boys registered.
JV Boys Soccer Placement Practice begins Wednesday August 10th, Thursday August 11th & Friday August 12th @ SJA Charger Field 7:15-8:45 p.m.
SJA JV & Varsity Boys Soccer registration is currently still open stjoan.net (athletics)
JV Girls Volleyball (Gr. 4, 5 & 6)
JV#1 Coach –Cecelia Vaughn
JV#2 Coach – Megan Jarvi
- 2016 Football Camp – Tues. July 26th, Wed. July 27th & Thurs. July 28th Gr. 1-8.5:30-7:30 p.m.SJA Charger Field – Registration still open but Camp T-shirt reserved for athletes who registered By July 1st.visit stjoan.net (Athletics) to register for Football camp.
Varsity Girls Volleyball (Gr. 7&8)
SJA has 28 girls registered for THREE CYO Registered Varsity teams
Varsity#1 Coach – Julie Moore
Varsity#2 Coach – Ashley Krotche
Varsity#3 Coach – Looking –interested CONTACT A.D. DON POMAVILLE –firstname.lastname@example.org
- JV Team placements take place ONLY Wednesday Aug. 10th 6-8:30 p.m.JV#1&JV#2 Team practices then resume on Monday Aug. 15th (Schedule distributed on Placement day (Aug. 10th)
All levels please review Football calendar attached & Don’t forget up-to-date physical, concussion awareness form & CYO FOOTBALL CONTRACT (ALL LEVELS) are due prior to first Football practice dates.
ALL SJA FALL ATHLETES MUST HAVE SPORTS PHYSICAL ON FILE WITH AD BY FIRST PRACTICE/TRYOUT/PLACEMENT – NO EXCEPTIONS! Physical Must be dated Apr. 15, 2016 or after. SEE ATTACHED PHYSICAL FORMS & INFORMATION.
ALL SJA FALL ATHLETES MUST HAVE CONCUSSION FORM ON FILE WITH AD BY First PRACTICE/TRYOUT/PLACEMENT—NO EXCEPTIONS! SEE ATTACHED CONCUSSION AWARENESS FORMS
ALL SJA FOOTBALL PLAYERS (ALL LEVELS) – MUST ALSO HAVE CYO FOOTBALL CONTRACT ON FILE BY FIRST SCHEDULED PRACTICE
* ALL REGULAR PRACTICE SCHEDULES & GAME SCHEDULES WILL BE AVAILABLE BY END OF PLACEMENT TRYOUTS FOR ALL SPORTS!
Winter Registration 2016-17 Sept. 6th- Sept. 18th
- Varsity Placements take place Thursday August 11th & Friday August 12th 6:00-8:00 p.m. Regular practices then resume Monday Aug. 15th & will be announced.
Basketball Gr. 3 & 4 Boys & Girls Instructional Basketball
Basketball Gr. 5 & 6 (JV Basketball) & Gr. 7&8 (Varsity) Boys & Girls CYO
Basketball Sideline Cheer Gr. 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8
Bowling Gr. 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 Boys & Girls (Coed)
Spring Registration 2017
Jan. 3rd – Jan. 15, 2017
Baseball Gr. 4, 5 & 6 – JV Boys Baseball
Baseball Gr. 7&8 – Varsity Boys Baseball
Softball Gr. 4, 5, & 6 – JV Girls Softball
Softball Gr. 7&8—Varsity Girls Softball
Track – Run out of St. Paul Gr. 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 Boys & Girls
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCEDURES at our website stjoan.net (click athletics then registration)
* ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND ALL REGISTRATION FORMS CAN BE FOUND ON OUR WEBSITE www.stjoan.net click on athletics
Questions contact --Athletic Director Mr. Don Pomaville 586-775-7490 or email at
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO HELP SUPPORT SJAAC FUNDRAISERS! SJAAC GOLF OUTING SUNDAY Aug. 21
@ St. Clair Shores Golf Club. See attached handout & register and receive $100 reduced fee. Sponsors also welcome & requested.
SJA Athletics is still looking for Varsity#3 Volleyball Head Coach, Varsity#2 Volleyball. INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT SJA A.D. Don Pomaville –Contact info. Above
2016 Fall dates to remember:
*Tues. July 26, Wed. July 27 & Thurs. July 28--- Gr. 1-8 SJA Football Camp 5:30-7:30
* Monday Aug. 1st – Football team NON Sport optional Conditioning begins
* Monday Aug. 8th -- Mandatory Freshman, JV & Varsity Football Practice begins.
* Freshman, JV & Varsity Football physicals, Concussion
Awareness forms & CYO Football Contracts Due by
*Wed. Aug. 10th -- JV Volleyball Team placements – 6-8:30 p.m. Gym
* JV Volleyball Physicals & Concussion Awareness Forms due
*Wed. Aug. 10th --- Boys & Girls Soccer Placement practices begin 7:15-8:45 pm
* Soccer Physicals & Concussion Forms Due
*Thurs. Aug. 11th – Varsity Volleyball Team Placement begins 6-8 p.m. Gym
* Varsity Volleyball Physicals & Concussion Forms Due
* Thurs. Aug. 11th - Freshman, JV & Varsity Mandatory Parent Football Meet the
Coaches Night following practice (Approx. 7:30 p.m. on field)
* Tues. Aug. 16th – Flag Football practice begins 5:00-6:15 –SJA Charger Field
* Flag Football physicals, Concussion Forms & CYO Football
Contracts Due prior to practice—Turn in to Coach Bueti
*Sat. Aug. 20th – JV & Varsity Scrimmage @ DeLaSalle 9-11 a.m.
* Sun. Aug. 21st – SJAAC Golf Outing --- Handout Attached!! SCS GOLF Club
Tues. Aug. 23rd—Soccer, Volleyball & Flag Football Meet the Coaches Night
* Sat. Aug. 27th – Home Freshman, JV & Varsity Football Games vs. Holy Family
* Sat.Aug.27th, 28th & 29th – Possible Downriver Soccer Tournament @ Riverview
Gabriel Richard (JV Boys, JV Girls & Varsity Girls)
* Sept. 10th & 11th – Opening Weekend for JV & Soccer League Games
* Sun. Sept. 18th – Mandatory Fall Sports Mass, Pancake Breakfast & Team Pics
* Sun. Sept. 18th – Winter Sports Online Registration Deadline
*** Remaining and Complete Calendar at Meet the Coaches Night’s for each sport
THERE WILL BE NO SUMMER 2016 SJAAC SPORTS CAMPS EXCEPT THE PREVIOUSLY SCHEDULED FOOTBALL CAMP IN LATE JULY (July 26th, 27th & 28th) for grades 1-8.
SJA Summer Camps will return for July 2017 with dates advertised and scheduled in October 2016 so everyone can plan summer activities and vacations around camps if desired.
2016-17 St. Joan of Arc Parish Athletic Program
This Handout is to make sure communication with ALL St. Joan of Arc perspective athletes related to the SJA Athletic Program is clear. THE St. Joan of Arc Athletic Program is OPEN TO ALL SJA Religious Education Parish Student Athletes as well as ALL SJA SCHOOL Student Athletes. This is a parish program & all in our Parish are welcome to participate at their age level and sport interest.
INFORMAL 2016-17 SJA ATHLETIC OPEN HOUSE
Tuesday May 24th 7:00-8:30 p.m. SJA Gym
Drop in anytime & learn about our program and talk to our coaches, A.D., & Asst. A.D. – More information available at our athletic website stjoan.net (athletics)
2016 Fall Sports Online Registration—Mon. April 25th through Thurs. May 26, 2016
Fall program consists of the Following Sports:
Grades 4, 5 & 6 Girls & Boys JV Soccer— Team Placements begin Aug. 10th
Grades 7 & 8 Girls & Boys Varsity Soccer—Team Placements Begin Aug. 10th
Grades 4, 5, & 6 Girls JV Volleyball –Team Placements begin August 10th
Grades 7 & 8 Girls Varsity Volleyball –Team Placements begin August 10th
Grades 1 & 2 Boys Flag Football – Team Practices begin week of August 15th
Grades 3 & 4 Freshman Football – Team Practices begin week of August 8th
Grades 5 & 6 JV Football – Team Practices begin week of August 8th
Grades 7& 8 Varsity Football – Team Practices begin week of Aug. 8th
2016-17 SJA/CYO Winter Sports Program
Online Registration open –
Mon. Sept. 5th through Sunday Sept. 18th
Grade 3 & 4 Boys & Girls Instructional basketball –placements begin Nov. 16th
Grade 5 & 6 Boys & Girls JV Basketball – Placements begin Tues. Nov. 1st
Grade 7 & 8 Boys & Girls Varsity Basketball – Placements begin Tues. Nov. 1st
Grade 4-8 Girls Basketball Sideline Cheerleading –Practices begin Mon. Nov.7th
Grade 4-8 Boys & Girls CYO Bowling -- Practices begin week of Nov. 14th
2017 SJA/CYO Spring Sports Program
Online Registration Open
—Tues. Jan. 3rd through Thurs. Jan. 19th
Grade 4,5,6,7&8 Track—St. Paul program – Practices begin March 13th
Grade 4, 5 & 6 --- Boys JV Baseball -- Placements begin March 6th
Grade 4, 5 & 6 --- Girls JV Softball – Placements begin March 6th
Grade 7 & 8 --- Boys Varsity Baseball – Placements begin March 6th
Grade 7 & 8 --- Girls Varsity Softball – Placements begin March 6th
- All CYO/SJA Athletes must be registered, have a updated physical completed after April 15, 2016 (Wellness visits must be completed prior to participation, & parents must sign a concussion awareness form for their child to participate.Football also requires a separate CYO Football contract as well. All these are due by the first practice or conditioning date your child attends.
- CYO/SJA Athletes are also not allowed to participate IN THE SAME SPORT DURING THE SAME SPORT SEASON FOR ANY OTHER TEAM OR PROGRAM.They are allowed to practice but are not allowed to play game, scrimmage or tournament otherwise SJA forfeits CYO games ineligible player participates in & the violating player will also be suspeneded from further CYO team/sport participation.
Reminder#1: Our SJA Athletic Program is a parish program & ALL SJA RELIGIOUS EDUCATION & SJA SCHOOL Students are welcome!!
Reminder#2 : SJA DROP IN OPEN HOUSE Tuesday May 24th 7-8:30 p.m. in the gym –Stop in & meet our coaches, A.D. & Asst. A.D.
Reminder#3: SJA Fall Sports Registration Monday April 25th – Thurs. May 26th (Gr. 4-8 Girls & Boys Soccer, Gr. 1-8 Football & Gr. 4-8 Girls Volleyball)
2016 SJAAC SUMMER CAMP INFORMATION & DATES COMING SOON & SJAAC Participation & Volunteer Fees can be found at stjoan.net (athletics)
SJA ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCEDURES:
- Reminder that CYO not longer allows baseball & Softball participants to play games, scrimmages or tournaments with same sport summer teams while participating with CYO teams.Athletes may practice with summer teams only!!
- Baseball & Softball Season ends April 30th & Varsity Playoffs system completed by May 10/11
- Visit stjoan.net
- Click Athletics
- Click Athletic registration
- Log in the Volunteer Website (if you are not registered on Volunteer Matrix you will need to register by clicking “New Volunteer Register” before you log in).
- Click on “My Profile…”
- Click on “Athletics Registration & Payments”
- Complete Form, including credit card info. And submit. Once Submitted, you will be sent a confirmation with all of the information.
- Website or registration related questions contact Asst. A.D. Charles Kaiser at email@example.com Please include phone# & concern/issue when emailing.
- ** PROGRAM related Questions contact --Athletic Director Mr. Don Pomaville 586-775-7490 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for Athletic Fee Structure for 2015-16 School Year
Athletic Board President
– Julie Moore
Board Volunteer Coordinator
– Kevin Nosek
–Dave Lubera --586-899-8032 or email@example.com
– Don Pomaville 586-775-7490 &
Asst. Athletic Director
—Charles Kaiser – 586-601-2034 & firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions or concerns can be answered by our Asst. A.D. Charles Kaiser 313-727-7714 or A.D. Don Pomaville 586-549-1941
Don Pomaville (Bio)
22415 Overlake Street
St. Claior Shores, MI 48080