St. Joan of Arc School
2012-2013 Dress Code
Kindergarten - Gr.8
Uniform jumper: (Gr. K-5) knee length
Uniform skirt: (Gr. 6-8) knee length
Uniform slacks: Navy slacks may replace skirt or jumper (same as boys’ pants rules)
No slacks may be worn under skirt.
Blouse: Solid white, tailored (K-8) with collar, long, 3/4 sleeve or short-sleeve, tucked in.
Shirt: Solid white golf/polo style shirt with collar (with slacks or shorts only)
***GRADES 6,7,8- NAVY BLUE SWEATER VEST- V-NECK ONLY. (Oct. 1 - April 30)
SOCKS: White or navy blue knee socks or tights. Crew length socks may be worn with uniform slacks or shorts. NO SPORT SOCKS
Hair & Make-up: discouraged for grade school; excessive use in Gr. 6, 7 & 8 results in a violation notice and student being required to remove it. Hair-natural color only.
All STUDENTS K-5 (OPTIONAL)
Sweater: Solid white or navy blue only; crew neck, v-neck, cardigan or sweater-vest worn over uniform shirt or blouse.
Turtleneck: Grs. K-5 only, may replace regular shirt; white only. For girls: with/under jumper only
Pants: Solid navy blue dress or corduroy straight-legged pants; no wrapped, elastic pant leg bottoms. No cargo pants or baggy/oversized pants.
Shirt: Solid white dress shirt or golf/polo style shirt with collar, long or short sleeved, tucked in.
Grooming: Traditional haircuts only...natural color only. Fad haircuts, head shaving, lines/designs cut in hair, and “tails” not permitted.
Hair length – “off ears, eyes and collar”
Boys Socks: Solid white, navy or black crew length socks must be worn at all times. No short athletic socks, socks must cover ankles.
ALL STUDENTS K-8
Shorts: May 1 - Sept. 30. Navy uniform, knee length, walking style, NO CARGO SHORTS
Belt: solid navy, brown or black required with belt loops for pants or shorts.
Shoes: All students, K-8, may wear sport shoes or street shoes: no sandals or “flip flops”, boots, backless shoes, or moccasins without a hard sole. Shoes must be clean, neat, laces properly tied.
ADDITIONAL NOTES FOR GIRLS/BOYS:
1. Fads: Fad hairstyles and similar unusual items of dress are not allowed.
Boys’ earrings, girls’ dangling earrings and similar complicated jewelry; body piercing are not allowed.
2. Girls may wear one earring in each ear on lobe only.
3. No jelly bracelets or elastic bands may be worn.
4. Hair coloring/highlighting not permitted for boys or girls.
5. Necklaces limited to simple small necklace/neck chain.
6. Tattoos, temporary or permanent, are not permitted for anyone.
7. Questions about acceptability are referred to the school administration.
8. Violations: Students inappropriately attired for school receive a violation notice and are to call home to get a change of clothes.
9. Lace-style shoes (with holes for laces) must have laces, and the laces must be tied.
10. ALL Students must arrive at and depart from school in complete uniform.
Plaid uniforms and other items can be purchased at:
CONNIE’S CHILDREN'S WEAR
MACK, south of 9 MILE RD.
ST. CLAIR SHORES (586-777-8020)